Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Washington Nationals' 2022 Season Testimonial

• 4 posts
    March 27, 2024 6:47 PM MDT

" It took him a long time to obtain here, however he's below, and he took advantage of it, " Washington Nationals' skipper Davey Martinez stated of the run Joey Meneses went on once he ultimately obtained the phone call ahead approximately the majors https://www.nationalsshorts.com/Josiah_Gray_Shorts, after 10 seasons in the minors, and 12 years total playing professional ball in the united state, Mexico, and, briefly, Japan.Meneses published a. 286/.341/.489 line with 14 doubles and 20 home runs in 96 video games and 414 plate looks at Triple-A in the first period in the Nats' system before the August second trade deadline, and he turned up after the club dealt Juan Soto (& & Josh Bell) to the San Diego Padres and went on a run which gained him a spot in the very first base/outfield mix for 2023. In 56 games and 240 in the majors, Meneses went 72 for 222 (.324/.367/.563) with 14 more doubles and 13 more crowning achievement. "That's just a testimony to who he is and just how much this video game implies to him, " Martinez stated of the difficult work Meneses placed in to gain the chance he then made the most of over the last two-plus months of the regular season.Photo by Mark Goldman/Icon Sportswire using Getty Images "I'm eagerly anticipating getting him up right here, obtaining him in Spring Training, and see what he does in the complete year, " the manager added. "That becomes part of it. Yet he's been astonishing. "When we initially obtained him, and he initially began hitting, I believed you understand, 'We'll see the length of time it will certainly last.' However he proved to me that he can strike, and he recognizes the striking component of it, he recognizes the video game." The fifth-year manager did, nevertheless, say there's space for renovation with the 30-year-old newbie, outstanding as Meneses was at the plate, and remarkably ample as he remained in both the outfield and at initial base." Some things we're going to speak to him about as we complete the season, " Martinez described. "Entering into winter months for him, and ideally he obtains a stronger, gets a little much more active, and after that we'll go from there." Martinez stated he truly did value Meneses's technique at home plate." I really assume that if he remains in the middle of the field, that he's going to proceed to hit."" It's actually a fantastic tale regarding an individual that could always hit in his career, " GM Mike Rizzo told 106.7 the follower in D.C.'s Sports Junkies a month into Meneses's major league run." I believe that he was nearly a three-way crown champion in the small organizations sometimes throughout his job https://www.nationalsshorts.com/Javy_Guerra_Shorts, and just never got a possibility to split the big organization roster, and at the trade target date he was the person we selected ahead up and play for us."' And he hasn't looked back, " Rizzo included his September 7th appearance with the Junkies, ". and he's been a favorable influence in the clubhouse.Photo by Rob Tringali/MLB Photos through Getty Images "And although he's a 30-year-old novice, he's truly benefited from his time right here in the major leagues."" He's been very regular for us, " Rizzo said. "He's actually everything that Matt LeCroy, our Triple-A manager, and De Jon Watson, our Ranch Director, had actually stated regarding him throughout the season." In his season-ending meeting with press reporters, the GM in D.C. spoke about Meneses earning a chance to show what he can do with a full period of at-bats in the majors." You have actually got to offer a pointer of the cap to Joey, " Rizzo claimed. "He's a man that has grinded it out in a lot of different places, got his chance in the major leagues, and has succeeded with it. I assume that when you evaluate a player, I think you review his skillset and his toolset, I assume that Joey, checking out him, has all the components and the skillset to be a good player in the major leagues. He's a man who regulates the strike zone quite well. "Strikes offspeed pitches comparable to any type of newbie that has turned up, and I assume has actually made at least one round of modifications because he's been below, and now is going to need to make one more following year. But I like what I've seen." Meneses hit.319 on heaters,.338 on damaging balls, and.313 on offspeed stuff in the big organizations this season, according to Baseball Savant. And he spread out the hits around: "He's obtained a calm, trendy temperament about him, " Rizzo continued. "I don't think he's bewildered by the very early success that he's had. And he comprehends that nothing is given to him, absolutely nothing is handed to him. He possibly recognizes that much better than any person, being in the small organizations for so long. So, we have actually fulfilled with him, he knows ahead to Springtime Training with a restored enthusiasm, have a great offseason. We've obtained a details offseason plan for him to adhere to, and when he comes here next February in Spring Training https://www.nationalsshorts.com/Joey_Gallo_Shorts, to strike the ground running and continue to do what he's doing."

Nationals Shorts